Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Gangtok:
Our representative will be there to receive the Guest at New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) / Bagdogra Airport (IXB) / Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand (Junction) – He will be assisting for the transfer to Gangtok – Gangtok the capital of Sikkim Suits all from tranquility to adventure, land of monastery, mystic rituals & festivals at an height of 1670 meters / 5480 feet and is the most visited spot of India - It is one of the most beautiful town with varieties of Rhododendron, Orchids and butterflies - Nearly 135 kilometers 4 ½ - 5 hours drive – Check into hotel – Evening free to roam around M G Road (Mall) or local Shopping center - Over Night stay at Gangtok.
Day 2: Excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir (Full Day):
Morning breakfast at hotel – Excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir nearly 40 kilometers - The Lake is oval shaped lake nearly 50 feet deep - Generally covered in snow for most of the year the year – This lake is home to the Brahmini ducks & many migratory birds – Nearby is the sacred Baba Mandir known to be a very holy site for all - Nathu La Pass to Republic of China is nearly 20 kilometers and is optional tour - Back to Gangtok - Evening free to roam around M G Road (Mall) or local Shopping center - Over Night stay at Gangtok (Incase of Landslide or due to any other reasons if Tshangu Lake is closed then an alternate sightseeing will be provided).
Day 3: Transfer to Lachung:
Early morning breakfast – Next start for North Sikkim package tour – Leave Gangtok at about 10 A M proceed to Lachung 119 kilometers – 4 ½ hours – 5 ½ hours – Lachung is situated at an altitude of 8600 feet - On the way stop and enjoy a few wonderful locations like Tashi Viewpoint, Kabi Lungstok, Naga Waterfalls, confluence of Lachen chu and Lachung Chu at Chungthang, Twin Waterfalls and Bhim Nala Waterfalls - Lunch will be served at Namok - The roads are colored with full bloom of Primulae, Rhododendrons and many other Alpine flowers Guest specially during spring – Guest are likely to reach Lachung at late afternoon or early evening - Check into the hotel / resort - Evening free to stroll around the village - Dinner will be served at about 8 PM – Overnight stay at Lachung
Day 4: Sight Seeing at Yumthang & Transfer to Gangtok:
After breakfast drive towards Yumthang situated at an elevation of nearly 11800 feet - On the way you may visit the famous hot spring which is known for its curative properties of skin diseases - Yumthang is a valley near the river Lachung Chu surrounded by mountains where the tree line ends - In spring the valley erupts in riots of colors as Primulae, Rhododendrons and many other Alpine flowers in full bloom along with snow covered valley except in autumn - Return to resort at Lachung for Lunch - Back to Gangtok - 125 kilometers, 4 – 5 hours drive - On the way stops at Singhik and Mangan - Back to Gangtok Evening free to roam around M G Road (Mall) or local Shopping center - Over Night stay at Gangtok.
Day 5: Gangtok Local Sight Seeing (Half Day) & Transfer to Pelling:
After breakfast drive for the city tour of Gangtok - Visit to Directorate of Handicrafts & Handloom, Research Institute of Tibetology, Do Drul Chorten (Stupa), Enchey Monastery, White Hall, Flower Show, etc – Next a drive of 140 kilometers 3 ½ - 4 hours through scenic road – Pelling is situated at an altitude of 2072 meters / 6800 feet - On a clear day guest can get a clear view of Himalayan range with snow capped mount Pandim, Kumbhakarna, Rathong, Khangchendzonga, Zopuno, Shimbho, Narsing, Sinolchu etc - It is one of the exotic settlement with varieties of Rhododendron, Orchids, historical sites, short trek routes and wildlife – Its botanical and zoological richness is inspiring and the scenic view from the top of the ridge across deep valley to the heights of Kanchendzonga ranges is something to be seen to be believed - Check into hotel - Evening free to roam around the small settlement - Over Night stay at Pelling.
Day 6: Pelling Local sightseeing (Half Day):
After breakfast at hotel – Drive for Full Day Sight Seeing. The routes are forested and the botanical and zoological richness is inspiring. Places of visit are Rimbi water Falls, Rimbi Rock Garden, Kechopalri Lake, it is one of the holy Buddhist lake and it is believed that any wish in front of the lake comes true - Myth is that when a leaf falls on the placid clear water surface, it is picked by a bird and thus the water surface is always free of leaves, Kechopalri Monastery, Kanchenjunga water Falls, Pemayangtse Monastery, Rabdantse ruins, the scenic view from the top of the ruin to the mystic heights of Kanchendzonga ranges is something to be cherished & Transfer to Darjeeling , o/n at Darjeeling.
Day 7: Darjeeling Local Sight Seeing (Half Day) :
Early morning at around 3:45 AM drive to 8000 feet / 2440 meters through primitive forests of oak, magnolia to Tiger Hill to view sunrise over Kanchendzonga Peak (subject to clear weather) – On the way back visit Ghoom Monastery, Peace memorial & Batasia Loop – On the way back visit Ghoom Monastery, Peace memorial & Batasia Loop – Back to hotel for breakfast - After breakfast rest for half an hour After breakfast next round of sight seeing - Half Day city tour includes Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Ropeway, Tensing Gumpo Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center (Closed on Sunday), Tea Estate, Natural History Museum (Sunday Closed), Peace Pagoda – Back to hotel – Evening free to stroll around the area - Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 8: Departure:
Darjeeling to Siliguri / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) / Bagdogra Airport (IXB) / Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand (Junction) - Morning breakfast - After breakfast transfer to Siliguri / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) / Bagdogra Airport (IXB) / Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand (Junction) Nearly 105 kilometers 3 ½ - 4 hours drive – Forwarding Journey.
Must visit places in 7N 8D Darjeeling Sikkim Package:
1. Tiger hill lying at an altitude of 2590 meters is a pristine natural beauty. One can enjoy the virgin charm of the queen of hills in its most attractive form. The morning fresh air can make you feel refreshing away from the banter of city life.
2. Toy Train has the UNESCO World Heritage status and not everyone gets the opportunity to ride. You will see a small steam engine pulling mini coaches of toy train up the sheer mountains through incredible landscapes.
3. In a memorial of the Gurkhas Batasia loop or Batasia war memorial was built. One can see the toy train track around the park as they enter. Here you can dress in local attire and take photographs.
4. The Chowrasta or the Darjeeling Mall Located on top of Nehru Road is the heart of Darjeeling town. Here you can lounge in the sun, watch the wonderful views of the mountain peaks and valleys, or can take a seat on one of the many benches along the periphery.
5. The high mountain pass of Goechala is situated in Sikkim and the best thing about this place is the beautiful view of Mt. Kanchenjunga. The best time to visit this point from April to June, and September to October.
6. The Gurudongmar Lake is located close to a small town named Lachen and at a distance of 121 km away from Gangtok. The best time to visit and view the magnificent beauty of nature are summer and autumn.
7. Nathula Pass is situated located at a height of 14140 feet and at a distance of 52 km from Gangtok. This place is worldly famous for adventure enthusiasts and trekkers. May to October is the best time to visit this place.
8. The Tsomgo Lake, also popular as the Changu Lake is known for its natural beauty, located at a distance from 35 km from Gangtok. The Best Time to Visit this lake is summer, autumn, and winter seasons.
9. Pelling situated in West Sikkim and widely known for its amazing nature, varied wildlife, and mesmerizing sightseeing. The Best Time to visit pelling is all year except for the rainy season. Changey and Khangchendzonga waterfalls are the main attractions of this place.
10. Lachung is a tiny village located at a height of 8600 feet, and at a distance of 118 km from Gangtok. This village is known for its scenic beauty that surrounds it. The Best Time to visit pelling is April to May and Early December is a good time too.
Package Cost Includes in 7N 8D Darjeeling Sikkim Package:
· Arrival Assistance. · Hotel Accommodation and Meal as per plan. · Transfer and Sight Seeing in exclusive vehicle. The vehicle would be available as per itinerary only on drop basis and not on disposal basis. Using the vehicle for any activity outside the itinerary is not permissible.
· Tariff is per head on twin sharing basis. · Each room can accommodate a maximum of one extra bed · Upto 3 heads will be accommodated in one Non-AC Indica / WagonR or Similar, 4 to 8 heads in Non-AC Sumo / Victa / Bolero / Max etc. Coach will accommodate 9 to 16 heads.
· Children upto the age of 5 years complimentary.
· Children between 6 and 12 years will be charged “Extra Bed” or “Child Without Bed” depending on service taken.
· Above 12 years will be considered equivalent to an adult for costing purposes.
· The Guests must carry proof of age of the child in the absence of which, the hotel may put additional charges.
Package Cost Excludes:
· Air Fare / Train fare.
· Expenses of personal nature such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips. Liquor, Mineral water, Airport Tax, Insurance, Meal outside hotel, Refreshment on arrival.
· Entry to Park and Monuments, Camera Charges, Guide or escort charges
· Additional car usage beyond suggested Itinerary.
· Any supplementary service not mentioned in itinerary or mentioned in itinerary as a suggested addition such as Ropeway ride, Boating, Yak Ride, Rafting, Toy Train Ride, Helicopter ride or any similar activity.
· Any other item not specified in “Cost Includes”.
· Additional or incremental expenses arising out of acts of god, political disturbance, strike etc.
· Service Tax.
· Any change in government tax structure and amount becoming due thereto.
* 20% cancellation charge for cancelling more than 15 days in advance.
* 30% cancellation charge if cancelled between 15 to 8 days before arrival
* 50% cancellation charge if cancelled between 7 to 4 days before arrival
* 75% cancellation charge if cancelled between 3 to 1 days before arrival
* No refund is possible if cancelled on the day of arrival or later
1. Cancellation charge is applicable on the total package cost.
2. No refund is possible if the tour is cancelled due to bad weather, civil/political disturbance, or anything beyond human control. But there will be full cooperation from the entire team to make an alternate arrangement in such cases.
3. In case your tour booking involves any government accommodation or services, such as tourism department lodges etc. The Cancellation policy will applicable on the package amoount excluding government booking. For government booking, the cancellation rules of the concerned authority will be applicable.
4. In case of very high season or special situations, we may communicate a different cancellation rule to you. If Our team members communicated a cancellation rule different from the one mentioned above, then the above rule will not be applicable. Rather the rules communicated by our sales team member will take precedence.
Any supplementary service not mentioned in itinerary or mentioned in itinerary as a suggested addition such as Ropeway