Day 1: -: Morning Drive to Dhotrey via Maneybhangang (2134 mts./7001 ft.) :
Trek Begins from Dhorey to Tumling, Nepal. (3070 mts./ 10072 ft) 5 kms. 2.5 hrs. Dhotrey is located at an altitude of 2526 mts. It takes about 2.5 hours to reach Dhotrey from Darjeeling by car. Hike to Tonglu is a gradual uphill walking distance of 5 Kms. covered in 2.5 – 3 hrs. Trekking trail passes through a thick forest of rhododendron, magnolia and bamboo. is located at an altitude of 3080 mts. On a clear day, you get magnificent view of Kanchenjunga snow peaks from Tonglu and if you are lucky, you can even see Mt. Everest. Overnight at Private Trekers’ Hut / Tent
Day 3: Tumling to Kalpokhari (3170 mts./ 10400 ft.) 13 kms. 5 hrs. :
On a clear morning one is sure to be greeted by Mt. Kanchenjunga, the 3rd highest, in Tumling. So, before your bed tea, walk a little further from your lodge and let the magic begin at the far Northern horizon.
After breakfast, entering the check point of Singalila National Park, the trail descends towards Jaubari, a small hamlet of farmers and traders. Further downhill 0f 3 Kms. is Gairibans, 2526 mts.
Gairibans, meaning valley of bamboo, and as such it is the most ideal habitat of the Red Panda. So, keep a watchful eye and you might be lucky in sighting the glimpse of the most endangered species of the Eastern Himalaya.
After an uphill climb of 2 ½ Kms. the boys will be ready with hot lunch at Kayakatta. It is further 5 Kms flat walk to Kalapokhari. Overnight Trekers’ Hut / Tent.
Day 4: Kalpokhari to Sandakphu ( 3636 mts./ 11970 ft.) 8 kms. 3 – 4 hrs. :
It is about 2 ½ Kms. flat walk to Bikay-bhanjang, named after the Aconite that grows in abundance during the monsoon.
Tighten your shoe laces and take some long and deep breaths, as it a steep uphill climb of 3 ½ Kms and surely demands the best of your stamina and endurance.
But all the hardship is paid off and every sweat counted and the reward is beyond words on reaching Sandakphu, 3636 Mts.
180 degree view of the entire Eastern Himalayan Mountain range including the four highest, Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu and Lhotse, 1st, 3rd, 4th an 5th respectively at a single glance and not to be seen from anywhere else, says it all.
Overnight Trekers’ Hut / Tent.
Day 5: Descend downhill to Sirikhola ( 2225 mts./ 7300 ft.) 15 kms. 5 hrs.
Early morning wake up to savoir the awe inspiring view as the sun shades its early rays over the Great Himalayan range. After breakfast, passing through the burn forest, descend downhill to Sirikhola ( 2225 mts./ 7300 ft.) 15 kms. 5 hrs.
After hot Lunch at Sirikhola, it is a short hike of 1 ½ to Rimbik. After thanks giving and farewell by the crew, drive to Darjeeling by car, 65 Kms. 2 ½ Kms. Overnight at Hotel in Darjeeling.
Package Cost Includes :
All transfers in dedicated vehicles. Vehicle type depending on the no. of persons.
All accommodations on twin sharing or triple sharing at Private Lodge/ Tea House.
All meals (breakfast,lunch,evening tea,dinner )
All permits(entry into Singalila national park)
Services of an experienced local trek guide for the whole trek ( Excl. Bagdogara).
Upto 3 heads will be accommodated in one Non-AC Indica / WagonR or Similar, 4 to 8 heads in Non-AC Sumo / Victa / Bolero / Max etc. Coach will accommodate 17 to 25 heads.
Package Cost Excludes
Air Fare / Train fare.
Expenses of personal nature such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips. Liquor, Airport Tax, Insurance, Refreshment on arrival. Additional or incremental expenses arising out of acts of god, political disturbance, strike, GST.
Booking Proucedure :
50% Payment has to be made in advance and the balance amount must be paid & as per time limit given at the time of confirmation.
Payments can be remitted through any of the following mode and is subject to realization.
Demand Draft: In favor of Cart Your Trip payable at Siliguri.
At Par Cheque: Issue in the name of Cart Your Trip.
Bank Details for Cash / Cheque Deposit:
Strange Land Tour and Travels
SBI A/C No. - 36460976184
For Cash deposits, please add Rs. 200/- bank transaction charge.
3 % transaction fee will be charged for credit card payment.
* 20% cancellation charge for cancelling more than 15 days in advance.
* 30% cancellation charge if cancelled between 15 to 8 days before arrival
* 50% cancellation charge if cancelled between 7 to 4 days before arrival
* 75% cancellation charge if cancelled between 3 to 1 days before arrival
* No refund is possible if cancelled on the day of arrival or later
1. Cancellation charge is applicable on the total package cost.
2. No refund is possible if the tour is cancelled due to bad weather, civil/political disturbance, or anything beyond human control. But there will be full cooperation from the entire team to make an alternate arrangement in such cases.
3. In case your tour booking involves any government accommodation or services, such as tourism department lodges etc. The Cancellation policy will applicable on the package amount excluding government booking. For government booking, the cancellation rules of the concerned authority will be applicable.
4. In case of very high season or special situations, we may communicate a different cancellation rule to you. If Our team members communicated a cancellation rule different from the one mentioned above, then the above rule will not be applicable. Rather the rules communicated by our sales team member will take precedence.
Singalila Natonal Park in Darjeeling offers one of the best hiking trails in Easter Himalaya to its visitors. The park is rich in mixed forest vegetation, birds and animals and also home of the endang